[Shipping Procedure & Policies]
UTEP's Central Receiving address will be used for all shipments.
The University of Texas at El Paso
Central Receiving Department
Attn: Baja SAE UTEP 2014 [University Name]
3120 Sun Bowl Drive El Paso, TX 79968
***Note: If you are a sponsor, please change from [University Name] to [Company, Items] for example: [Lockheed Martin, Pens]
Shipping Process Flow
- Send Shipping Information
- Shipment Approval Confirmation
- Ship Vehicle
- Confirmation of Arrival
- Pick Up Vehicle
- Package and Ship Back
Required Shipping Information
- Advance notification via email is required. If you do not provide adequate advance notice, UTEP Central Receiving will not accept your shipment. This information should include:
- Name of school, team number and primary contact information
- Description of shipment (Include dimensions of crate and weight)
- Items being shipped (i.e. Baja vehicle, tools, welding machine, etc.)
- When and by what carrier will the shipment arrive?
- Approximate date of arrival
- When and by what carrier will the shipment be returned?
- Approximate date of departure
- Email to email@example.com with the title "Shipment from [Your School/Team Number]".
- Teams will receive a confirmation email that the shipment will be accepted.
- Teams will be allowed to pick up shipped engines and other items during normal business hours on Thursday April 24 or beginning Friday April 18 by appointment only. Once again, you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- Location: 3105 Sun Bowl Drive (Across the street form 3120 Sun Bowl Dr.)
- Vehicles will be delivered to your working area the day of the event.
- All items being shipped back after the event must be packed and addressed appropriately by the end of the event (Sunday, April 27, 2014 by 5:00 pm)
- Items not properly packed and shipped out of UTEP by close of business Wednesday, April 30, 2014 (4:00 pm) will be disposed.
- Event site/organizers/SAE will not assume responsibility for any items left behind or disposed
- Each team must have a fire extinguisher
- No tools will be available from UTEP
- You may not work on your vehicle on UTEP Premises before Thursday April 24th, 2014.
- You will be working in R-5 outdoor parking lot.
- Be professional at all times
- All event participants, spectators, and visitors must follow the Baja SAE's Rules and Event Guidelines
- Event site/organizers/SAE reserves the right to amend or add to these regulations. Updated information will be posted to the website as it becomes available